There are many benefits to drinking this simple and amazing morning beverage. Here are 10 of them:
1) Aids Digestion. Lemon juice flushes out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. The digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn.
2) Cleanses Your System / is a Diuretic. Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials in part because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body.
3) Boosts Your Immune System. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function.
4) Balances pH Levels. Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for the body. Sure, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they’re alkaline.
5) Clears Skin. Vitamin C is vital for healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne.
6) Energizes You and Enhances Your Mood. Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract.
7) Promotes Healing. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing, and is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage.
8) Freshens Breath. Besides fresher breath, lemons have been known to help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis
9) Hydrates Your Lymph System. Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body.
10) Aids in Weight Loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings.