As the summer approaches and our bodies crave more fruit. Here is a healthy, easy, quick, and delicious recipe for a Fruit and Nut Salad tossed with a beautiful Vinaigrette Dijon Dressing.
Fruit and Nut Salad
- 1 Pear or Apple cut into small pieces (can use mango, berries, or peaches, fruit in season is best)
- 3 tbsp crushed cashews (can use walnuts, pine nuts , or almonds – you choose)
- 1 bunch Arugula
- 1 bunch Watercress (can add shaved red cabbage)
Loosely mix greens with the pieces of fruit and cashews (nuts)
Vinaigrette Dijon Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon each plain yoghurt (Fage),
- fresh lemon juice to taste
- 1tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon thyme, garlic powder, sage, and basil
Combine in a bowl and whisk briskly with a fork until well blended. Mix into the salad !