- One medium spaghetti squash.
- 1/2 pound of ground naturally raised sausage. (I use organic pork sausage from Fiesta Nutrition)
- 1/2 pound grass fed ground beef/deer/turkey
- One can (bpa free) organic tomato sauce I used a 14 ounce can.
- One can/jar of organic diced tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp of hot pepper relish (optional – Fiesta has a great bottle).
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, whole
- 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- 3 tsp organic Italian seasoning (Oregano, Basil, Thyme) to taste
- 1 free range egg
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parmesan or grass fed cow cheese (for topping)
Dump your tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, hot pepper relish and Italian seasoning into your slow cooker and stir well.
Cut your squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
Place your 2 squash halves face down into your slow cooker.
Roll your ground sausage and ground beef/deer/turkey into meatballs, then fit as many as you can in the sauce around the squash.
Cook on High for 3 hours or cook on low for 5 hours.
Use a large fork to pull the “spaghetti” out of your squash, then top with your meatballs and sauce.
Sprinkle with fresh parmesan or grass fed cow cheese & enjoy!
May want to add a little extra Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and one egg to the meatball mixture.
Make sure you use a large 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.