Squash Cornbread Recipe has been my absolute favorite this summer. After many trials and tweaks, I believe this recipe is my favorite. ENJOY!
- 4 medium squash spiraled thin and boiled (or chopped small and boiled). Drain water off and let cool
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Dash Sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup – stone ground organic white rice
- 1 cup gluten free organic all purpose flour
- 1 tbs. minced shallots
- 1 cup organic shredded cheese
- 1 jar of unrefined organic coconut oil
Cut or spiral squash. Boil until soft. Pour in colander and let water drain off. Let cool. Mix the squash in really well with the remaining ingredients. Heat coconut oil over medium to medium high heat. Using a spoon drop one spoonful of mixture into hot oil. I flattened it with the back side of the spoon to help cook evenly. Flip several times until lightly brown. Remove from oil onto a cookie sheet lined with a paper towel. Let cool and dig in.
NOTE: You can use 1/2 cup white rice flour + 1/2 cup organic corn meal if you prefer instead of 1 cup of white rice flour.