Are you ready for Super Bowl Sunday? WooHOO! I am. This can be a perfect healthy delicious alternative to snack on. Grab my amazing guacamole dip too. These two together are fabulous and make your mouth water. You just may the hit of the party.
Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons unrefined coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder (or less to make it less spicy)*
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut sweet potatoes like French fries.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and seasonings. Add sweet potato sticks and toss to coat well. Arrange sweet potatoes on prepared baking sheets in a single layer, evenly spaced. Sprinkle with more sea salt.
- Bake 15 minutes and flip potatoes over. Continue to bake until lightly browned at the edges and slightly crisp about 10-15 minutes. If you’d like them to be a little more crisp, put the pan under the broiler for 30-45 seconds. Watch closely so they do not burn.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into thin sticks, about 1/4 inch;
- Soak potatoes in cold water after cutting and pat dry before seasoning.
- Bake them in one layer and not on top of each other (do not allow them to touch).
- DIP INTO FRESH HOMEMADE GUACAMOLE